Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Following A Heathen Practice Without The Altar

I wanted to blog again about something that is on my mind. Living your path, and faith, without an altar. Two weeks ago my mother wanted me to take my Egyptian altar, which was more like a collection of Egyptian trinkets. So I did what she told me and I thought over what she said. I later on went on Facebook and a woman asked why someone that was new to Asatru needed an altar.

I came to the conclusion that an altar is not needed and so I didn't feel upset that I couldn't have one. Not only am I respected the religious beliefs of my mother but I'm also not focused on things that are unimportant. So it's been nearly a week since I took down my altar and I've found that I'm far more focused on my path and not so interested in getting things. I am going to buy a horn and a Thor's hammer but nothing in my room will let anyone to think that I'm Heathen, and I happen to like it that way.

You really don't need an altar to be a spiritual person, you just need your heart and soul. The gods are out there, and within, and they really don't care about things like an altar.

HAIL ODIN!!!! HAIL THOR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment