Sunday, April 28, 2013

How Heathens Treat Each Other

Two days ago, though I only caught it yesterday, one of my favorite Youtubers, PriestessofAthena, talked about how Heathens treat each other. She was showing off her Frigga statue and she put this rant in because it had been bubbling up for sometime. She made several good points and I would like to cover them in this blog post.

She talked about how a lot of Heathens don't like those that worship Loki. Now I've worshiped him before and I've had no problems. Loki reminds me so much of a protector of those that are on the fringe of society. Worshiping Loki doesn't mean that your a bad Heathen and you shouldn't be treated like your dumb, or fluffy, because you choose to worship Loki. She mentioned that this attitude is not present in Northern European Heathenism because they care more about the gods then about data.

They care more about the virtues then what others are doing. Which makes me wonder why is it that they don't care about who worships Loki, but the American Heathens do. Heathenism wasn't a one world religion, but, as she put it, everyone had their own flavor of practicing. I'm a Heathen and I practice however I want. I don't need to gain approval from anyone, nor do I need it.

We also have lost a ton of info about religious practices of the Norse and most likely Loki might of been practiced. To label something New Age, when you don't have the right to, turns people away. Everyone has the right to worship the Norse gods as they see fit and they don't need permission from anyone to do that. Another thing that gets me, and she didn't cover this, was the slamming of Heathen authors. Just because they don't do how the majority of modern Heathens do, doesn't mean that you have the right to slam what their doing.

It takes a lot of guts to write a book and hope that it gets punished. The modern Heathen movement has turned into some form of a very bad joke, and I have yet to get the punchline. If we're suppose to survive then we need to shut up and stop controlling how others practice. So I'm taking a stand against this form of hate and argument and I'm practicing how I want.

HAIL ODIN!!!! HAIL THOR!!!! HAIL FRIGGA!!!! HAIL LOKI!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment